July 29th, 2014 06:48 PM UTC
Dr. Mrs. Madhuri M Dixit
Consultant Eye Surgeon
Specialist in IOL Microsurgery and LASERS
- Graduate and postgraduate from Miraj Medical College, Miraj
- Gold medalist in “Preventive and social Medicine”
- Specialized Training in Microsurgery and LASERS from L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad
- Practicing consultant Eye Surgeon in varies institutes in Kolkata for 6yers. [1990-1996]
- Established “Community Eye care center” in Kasbekar Metgud Hospital, Belgaum. In 1997… till date
- Established “Sri Eye Care and Laser Center” college Road, Belgaum. In 2000….till date FIRST, UNIQUE and ONLY of its kind in Belgaum which has most of the LASERS in eye care
- Established “Priyadarshini Eye, Health Care and Research Foundation” which runs a community based eye Hospital, Serving poor and under privileged blinds, more than 5000 free eye operation for cataract with IOL implantation have been performed, and we thrive to achieve more….
- Director “Belgaum Lasik Laser Center” [2008-till date]
- Fellowships in various specialties in Ophthalmology from INDIA and ABROAD
- Published a lot of Articles and Research paper in the field of Eye Care
- More than 14000 cataract surgeries and more than 3000 laser surgeries to the credit till date
- Guest speaker for various subjects apart from Ophthalmology, like “ preventive Health”, “stress management”, “obesity management”, “Yoga as a science”, “Women Health”, “Diet and nutrition”, “mind and Body connection”etc.
Dr. Shilpa Kodkany,
a Consultant Ophthalmologist
- Chief consultant at Dr Kodkanys Eye Care Centre at Maruti galli, Belgaum since the year 2000
- Director Belgaum Lasik centre at Samadevi galli Belgaum since the year 2008
- Associate Professor at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum and consultant at KLE S Hospital from the year 2000
- Member of the Department of Medical Education at J N M C and participated in numerous workshops.
- Graduation and post-graduation from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum and then worked at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai and Somaiya Medical College, Mumbai.
- Presented papers at both the national and international conferences.
- Invited as guest speaker for an instruction course at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Conference held in San Diego, USA in May 2004.
- Visited the University of Illinois, Chicago and University of Missouri, Kansas City and interacted with the ophthalmic faculty there.
- Conducted numerous Surgical Eye Camps for the rural population of the State of Karnataka and Maharashtra, India. She has also been invited by various NGOs to deliver lectures to increase awareness on Eye Donations, Diabetes related complications like retinopathy and newer advances in the field of Ophthamology